- We ONLY accept Agency Sponsored Law Enforcement Applications Only for the Basic Academy.
- YOU MUST BE EMPLOYED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY IN COLORADO IN ORDER TO ATTEND OUR BASIC ACADEMY. For a complete listing of Basic Academies in Colorado, see the CO POST Website.
– Basic Academy Class 8 graduates on June 6th. –
– Basic Academy Class 9 will begin on July 15th. –
The Highlands Ranch Law Enforcement BASIC Training Academy is a joint effort between the Arapahoe County and Douglas County Sheriff’s Offices. Our Academy is designed to develop highly trained peace officers in a professional environment that is conducive to learning, with emphasis on leadership, respect, and service.
Our BASIC P.O.S.T. approved Academy is a 21-Week curriculum. We hold two Academy Classes annually, with January and July start dates.
The following electives are included in the Academy:
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Dog Protection Act
- ICS/NIMS 100/700
- OC Certification
- Taser Certification
- Rifle Certification
- SFST Wet Lab
The cost of the Academy is $6,000.00 plus ammunition, fingerprint, and uniform fees. Our Academy accepts Sponsored Cadets from Law Enforcement Agencies.
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
Academy Director, Sergeant Jeffrey Bredehoeft 303.663.7704
Assistant Academy Director, Senior Deputy Quinn Cunningham 303.814.7059
Administrative Coordinator, Tam Muth 303.814.7068